The permanent residency can be achieved by an application under Regulation 6(2) or under Category F. Both have the same effect but have four main differences:
Regulation 6 (2)
- An application takes 2 months to be complete
- To apply you must make a fixed deposit of €30,000 for three years
- You must purchase of new property, not one which is for resale
- Children above 18 can apply for P.R. and they get it for life. The children below 18 at the time of application get residency for life, however, need to renew it when they turn 18
- The parents of the applicant can secure the Permanent residency
- An application takes 10-12 months
- Under this category you do not have to make any fixed deposit
- Any property either new or for resale is admissible
- Children under 18 when they become 18 lose their P.R. status and they cannot get it later unless they purchase a property and apply separately themselves
- The parents of the applicant cannot secure permanent residency under this category
The process to acquire permanent residency
1) Contact us and get consultation
2) You proceed with the purchase of the property
3) We provide guidance on the documents required and assist with preparation
4) We proceed with the submission of your application, after which you can fly back to your home country
5) Once approval is attained, we inform you to plan your visit to Cyprus
6) On your visit to Cyprus, we facilitate the collection of your Permanent Residency cardContact our immigration lawyers
TEMPORARY RESIDENCE for non-European citizens can be acquired by purchasing/renting a property and providing evidence of sufficient income to support the individual and any dependents.
- Your application will take a minimum of 2 months for approval, once submitted.
- Under this category you must stay in the country until the application for temporary residence is approved.
- Temporary residency must be renewed annually and the applicant must reside in Cyprus for at least 183 days per year.